#ZucchiniMuffins = Healthy(er) #muffins with a punch of #micronutrients derived from #zucchini. Perfect for #OnTheGo, or to hide #vegetables from your #kids (#winning). Not only do they boast AMAZING macros, they’re also delicious. #HomeRunForHealth
1. 1 Large Zucchini, finely shredded, about 2 cups.
2. 3/4 Cup Sugar
3. 2 cups flour
4. 1 teaspoon baking soda
5. 1 teaspoon baking powder
6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
7. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
8. ½ cup brown sugar
9. ¼ cup sour cream
10. 2 large eggs
11. 1 teaspoon vanilla
12. 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon sugar.
3. Whisk in the brown sugar.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, vanilla and coconut oil until just combined.
5. Stir in the grated zucchini.
6. Using a rubber spatula, create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Use a folding motion, scooping under the batter from one side of the bowl to the other and turning over your wrist to fold the ingredients onto each other. Continue until all ingredients are incorporated. Careful not to over-mix.
7. Add the batter to a greased cupcake pan or one filled with paper liners.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
9. Allow the muffins to cool for a minute and then remove from the pan and dip the tops in the oil and then straight into the brown sugar.
10. Cool on a wire rack or eat warm.
Serves 12 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(277) F(11.6g) C(41.6g) P(3.6g)
Coach & Member community blog.