#BellPeppers themselves are filled with #Antioxidants and high amounts of #VitaminC. Stuff your peppers with #LeanProtein and #HealthyCarbs and you’ve got yourself a nice, #balanced meal. Easy + Nutritious. Visit link in bio for #recipe.
1. 6 bell peppers, any color
2. 4 tablespoons olive oil
3. 8 ounces ground turkey
4. salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
5. 1 onion, finely diced
6. 2 cloves garlic, chopped
7. 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
8. 4 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
9. Red pepper flakes, as needed
10. 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut the tops off the peppers. Remove stems, then finely chop the tops; set aside. Scoop out the seeds and as much of the membrane as you can. Place the peppers cut-side up in a baking dish just large enough to hold them upright.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, season with salt and pepper and cook, breaking up the lumps, until the meat is cooked through and just beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to get rid of the fat.
4. Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onions and chopped peppers and cook until beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and zucchini and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and a pinch or 2 of red pepper flakes. Cook until everything is heated through, then stir in the beef and rice. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
5. Fill the peppers with the rice mixture. Pour a small amount of water into the bottom of the baking dish and drizzle the peppers with a little olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until the peppers are soft and the cheese is melted and lightly browned, another 15 to 20 minutes.
Serves 4-6 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(323) F(22g) C(18g) P(21g)