#Chicken & #BrownRice bowls are a “no brainer”. Straight up classic from the #bodybuilder handbook. Chicken = #protein, rice = #carbs. This isn’t the tastiest option so feel free to #SpiceItUp (literally) with some Redhot, Cholula or whateva.
For the Rice:
1. 2 cups water
2. 1 cup brown rice
3. 3/4 teaspoon salt
For the Chicken:
1. 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
2. 1/2 teaspoon paprika
3. 1/2 teaspoon cumin
4. 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
5. Salt and pepper to taste
6. 1 tablespoon olive oil
7. 3 cups broccoli florets
To Cook the Rice:
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
2. Stir in rice; cover and reduce to low heat.
3. Simmer for 15 minutes until water is absorbed.
To Cook the Chicken:
1. Rub chicken with paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large heavy-duty skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add chicken to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until the undersides develop dark grill marks. Flip the chicken breasts using a pair of tongs and cook the other side for 5-6 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and allow chicken to rest in pan for 5 minutes before cutting.
To Steam the Broccoli:
1. Boil water in a large pot.
2. Add broccoli florets to pot and blanch for 1 minute
3. Remove from the pot.
1. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
2. Measure out 1 cup of rice per bowl
3. Top the rice with diced chicken and broccoli florets.
Serves 4 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(354) F(6.9g) C(40.9g) P(30.3g)