This ain’t #Chipotle...but it’ll do! Homemade #burritobowls will save you #Calories, time, and money (win win win). All of these delicious flavors can conveniently serve as #mealprep for the week by distributing each #bowl into separate containers. #Chips & #Guac not included. Visit link in bio for #recipe.
1. 1 can (15.5 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
2. 2 cups romaine lettuce, washed and shredded
1. 1 tablespoon olive oil
2. 1 cup long grain white rice
3. 3 cloves garlic, minced
4. 2 cups chicken broth
1. 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
2. ½ lime
3. 2 tablespoons oil
4. 1 teaspoon onion powder
5. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
6. 1 teaspoon oregano
7. salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
2. Add rice and cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes.
3. Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
4. Stir in chicken broth, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
1. Add all of the ingredients including the chicken thighs to a large ziplock bag. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Toss to coat the chicken and marinade for at least and hour or overnight.
2. When you are ready to cook preheat the grill to 400 degrees and spray the grill with non stick cooking spray.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill flipping halfway until fully cooked.
4. Allow the chicken to rest on the cutting board before cutting (5-7 minutes)
5. Chop the chicken into bite size pieces and set aside.
1. When you are ready to assemble layer the rice, then black beans, then chicken, then salsa and finally shredded lettuce. Add jalapenos or shredded cheese if you need more garnish. Enjoy!
Serves 6 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(416) F(24g) C(22g) P(32g)
Coach & Member community blog.