Do you love me?....Watch me now, oh....Ah, shake it, shake it baby....I can mash-potato....And I can do the twist!
1. 2-3 sweet potatoes
2. 3 tbs ghee or coconut oil
3. 1- 1/2 tsp chili power
4. 1- 1/2 tsp paprika
5. 1 tsp garlic granules
6. 1/2 tsp onion granules
7. 1/2 tsp salt
1. Remove skin from sweet potatoes using a peeler. Or using a sharp knife cut ends of sweet potatoes off the slice off skin.
2. Cut sweet potatoes in half. Place then in boiling water for about 15-20 minutes or until you can easily stab the sweet potato with a fork.
* Note: you want to make sure they are soft all the way to the center
* Everyone’s stove top is different and depending on how big the pot is and how much water is used the time may vary
3. Remove fully cooked sweet potatoes from boiling water. Add them in a large mixing bowl
4. Add in all spices and ghee or coconut oil. No need to pre-melt the ghee or coconut oil; it will melt with the heat from the sweet potatoes.
5. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. I prefer to use a mixer but you can also smash/mix with a large spoon. * Note- if you don’t have a mixer and you don’t want to mix by hand you can use a good processor or blender.
6. All sweet potatoes should be fully mashed. Make sure there are no raw chunks. Do a quick taste test to see if you need more ghee/coconut oil or more spices. Then serve warm!
* Note these have a great savory flavor--> They go with almost anything