Rice gets shunned since it is part of the group of #macronutrients called #carbs. News flash: you need carbs. You want variety (hello, #fruits & #veggies!), but you can still enjoy #rice as well! Save time & cook tons using a #crockpot! #lifehack
1. 1½ cups chicken broth
2. 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
3. ½ onion, diced
4. ½ cup roasted red peppers, chopped
5. 1 tsp paprika
6. 1 tsp minced garlic
7. ½ tsp salt
8. ¼ tsp pepper
9. 2 boneless chicken breasts, 5 oz
10. 1 cup frozen peas
11. 2 cups instant brown rice
12. 1/3 cup milk
13. 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a 3-4 quart crockpot, stir together the broth, carrots, onion,
red peppers, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Add chicken breasts, and cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
3. When chicken is cooked, remove and place on a cutting board.
4. Add peas and rice to the crockpot, cover and cook on high for 15 minutes.
5. When chicken is cool enough to handle, slice thinly.
6. After 15 minutes, stir the chicken, milk, and cheese into the crockpot.
7. Cover and cook on high for 15 more minutes, until cheese is melted and rice
Serves 6 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(307) F(10g) C(32g) P(20g)
Coach & Member community blog.