Introducing the #PaleoFriendly + #GrownUp version of everyone’s favorite childhood #snack: #PBandJsandwiches (minus the J). This #Healthy alternative is #GlutenFree and even #Whole30 compliant if you’re into that! Add fun toppings like #Coconut or #Berries to #MixItUp. Visit link in bio for #recipe.
1. 2 apples cored
2. 1/2 Cup almond butter
3. Sprinkle of cinnamon
4. Optional: raisins, mini chocolate chips, flax seeds, chia seeds, dried blueberries, coconut shavings, honey
1. Slice cored apples horizontally to create discs
2. Spread even amount of almond butter on top of one slice
3. Sprinkle cinnamon almond butter
4. Add any additional fillings or toppings as desired
5. Place another slice over top of almond butter and gently press down
6. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon or honey as desired
Serves 2-4 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(47) F(1g) C(0g) P(2g)
All the fun of #Noodles without any #Guilt! In the #veggie-centric world of today, you know we had to throw some #Zoodles into the mix. This #pasta alternative can be paired with endless combinations of #Protein and #Garnish (we recommend #Shrimp). Let’s get #Saucey. Visit link in bio for #recipe.
1. 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2. 1 tablespoon olive oil
3. 1 shallot, finely chopped
4. 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
5. 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on (fresh or frozen a6. thawed)
7. 1 teaspoon kosher salt
8. 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
9. 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
10. 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
11. Zest of 1/2 lemon
12. 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
13. 1 1/2 pounds zucchini noodles (from about 4 medium zucchini)
14. 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Add the shallot and cook until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Then add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
3. Add the shrimp, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes, until the shrimp are beginning to cook but are still somewhat translucent.
4. Add chicken broth, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, just until the shrimp are cooked through. Stir in the zucchini noodles and parsley. Toss the noodles with the shrimp so that they are coated with the garlic-lemon sauce and heat until warmed through. (Do not overcook or the zucchini noodles will become mushy.) Sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm.
Serves 4 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(232) F(9g) C(10g) P(26g)
This ain’t #Chipotle...but it’ll do! Homemade #burritobowls will save you #Calories, time, and money (win win win). All of these delicious flavors can conveniently serve as #mealprep for the week by distributing each #bowl into separate containers. #Chips & #Guac not included. Visit link in bio for #recipe.
1. 1 can (15.5 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
2. 2 cups romaine lettuce, washed and shredded
1. 1 tablespoon olive oil
2. 1 cup long grain white rice
3. 3 cloves garlic, minced
4. 2 cups chicken broth
1. 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
2. ½ lime
3. 2 tablespoons oil
4. 1 teaspoon onion powder
5. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
6. 1 teaspoon oregano
7. salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan.
2. Add rice and cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes.
3. Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
4. Stir in chicken broth, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
1. Add all of the ingredients including the chicken thighs to a large ziplock bag. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Toss to coat the chicken and marinade for at least and hour or overnight.
2. When you are ready to cook preheat the grill to 400 degrees and spray the grill with non stick cooking spray.
3. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill flipping halfway until fully cooked.
4. Allow the chicken to rest on the cutting board before cutting (5-7 minutes)
5. Chop the chicken into bite size pieces and set aside.
1. When you are ready to assemble layer the rice, then black beans, then chicken, then salsa and finally shredded lettuce. Add jalapenos or shredded cheese if you need more garnish. Enjoy!
Serves 6 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(416) F(24g) C(22g) P(32g)
These #ThaiWraps are a great idea for #FamilyStyle meals and #Entertaining. Add a couple tablespoons of #ChiliPaste if you wanna give this recipe some kick. Bursting with fun #Flavor + #LowCarb, it’s always a good idea to #WrapItUp. Visit link in bio for #recipe.
1. 16 butter lettuce leaves
2. 1 pound ground turkey
3. 1 tablespoon cooking oil
4. 1 large onion, chopped
5. 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
6. 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
7. 1 tablespoon soy sauce
8. 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
9. 1 dash Asian chile pepper sauce, or to taste (optional)
10. 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
11. 1 bunch green onions, chopped
12. 2 teaspoons sesame oil
1. Rinse whole lettuce leaves and pat dry, being careful not tear them. Set aside.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir turkey and cooking oil in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease; transfer turkey to a bowl. Cook and stir onion in the same skillet used for beef until slightly tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, and chile pepper sauce into onions. Add water chestnuts, green onions, sesame oil, and cooked turkey; cook and stir until the onions just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
3. Arrange lettuce leaves around the outer edge of a large serving platter and pile meat mixture in the center.
Serves 4 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(388) F(22.3g) C(23.4g) P(24.3g)
#AllKetoEverything: this easy snack can be eaten for #Breakfast or taken #OnTheGo. These egg cups are #GlutenFree and #KetoFriendly. Switch it up by adding different #veggies and #garnishes, the possibilities are endless! Visit link in bio for #recipe.
1. 5 ounces prosciutto
2. 8 large eggs
3. 1/2 cup arugula
4. salt & pepper as desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray 8 muffin cups with nonstick spray or coat with oil
3. Line each cup with a slice of prosciutto
4. Add arugula
5. Crack an egg on top of arugula in each cup
6. Place in the oven and bake until the yolk is done to your liking (12-18 minutes)
7. Allow to cool and serve warm.
Serves 8 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(107) F(6.5g) C(0.5g) P(10g)
Bring on the #Fiber & #Potassium! With more overall #Nutrients and #LessCalories than the regular potato, #SweetPotatoes are the fit and healthy move these days. Try this #recipe for a fun spin on #starch! Do it for the #aesthetic. Visit link in bio for #recipe.
1. 4 medium sweet potatoes
2. 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
3. 1 teaspoon olive oil
4. 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
5. 1 garlic clove, minced
6. salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Make a series of 1/8-inch slices along each potato, slicing 2/3 of the way through.
3. Stir together the butter, oil, thyme, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub the potatoes all over with the mixture, getting in between the slices.
4. Place on the baking sheet and roast until the center of the potatoes are tender and the outside is crisp, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Halfway through the roasting time, remove the potatoes from the oven and run a fork gently across the tops of the potatoes, using light pressure, to fan the slices and separate them from one another.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serves 4 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(170) F(4g) C(24g) P(4g)
#Salads are better when #CousCous is your base. It’s less #CalorieDense than rice or quinoa, and definitely a little #Tastier than lettuce. High in #Selenium, couscous helps decrease #inflammation and restore damaged sells. Enjoy! Visit link in bio for #recipe.
1. 1 cup uncooked whole-wheat couscous
2. 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
3. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4. 1 cup boiling water
5. 3 tablespoons olive oil
6. 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
7. 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
8. 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
9. 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
10. 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
11. 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
12. 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
13. 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
1. Place couscous, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Stir in boiling water; cover and let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
2. Combine olive oil, juice and garlic in a separate bowl.
3. Add oil mixture, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mint, and and remaining ingredients. Stir gently. Sprinkle with cheese.
Serves 4 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(351) F(16.2g) C(43.6g) P(11g)
#Shrimp: a great #LowCal source of #Protein. High in #Vitamins & #Minerals, shrimp promotes brain + heart health due to its omega-3’s and #Antioxidants. Add those honey-garlic elements and you’ve got yourself a #Meal! Visit link in bio for #recipe.
1. 3 Tablespoons honey
2. 1 Tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
3. ¼ teaspoon crushed chili flakes (optional)
4. 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
5. 1 pound medium uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
6. 1 Tablespoon olive oil
7. Salt and pepper, to taste
8. 2 Tablespoons sliced green onion
9. broccoli or other veggies (to serve)
1. Whisk honey, soy sauce, chili flakes, and garlic together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In another medium bowl, add shrimp and olive oil. Season the shrimp with salt and ground pepper and toss to coat.
3. Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Place the shrimp into the pan in an even layer. Cook the shrimp on one side until nicely seared, about 1-2 minutes. Flip the shrimp over and cook for another minute or until they’re just cooked but still a little translucent in the center.
4. Pour in the honey garlic marinade and cook until the shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more. If desired, remove the shrimp from pan so they don’t overcook, and reduce the sauce a little to thicken.
5. Serve the shrimp with the reduced sauce alongside brocolli or other veggies. Garnish with green onion.
Serves 4 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(240) F(4.3g) C(24g) P(19g)
#UnsaturatedFat (pesto) + #LeanProtein (chicken) are two of our favorite things. This easy 4-ingredient recipe is very #healthy and super #delicious. #Squash or #SweetPotatoes make great sides for this dish. Visit link in bio for #recipe.
1. 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2. 1 cup pesto (storebought or homemade)
3. 1/4 cup rice vinegar
4. 1 teaspoon salt
1. Place the chicken in a gallon-sized ziploc bag. Pour in the pesto, rice vinegar, and salt. Seal the bag and shake until the marinade is combined and the chicken is well coated.
2. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill. Grill the chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through (or an instant read thermometer reaches 160 degrees). Tent the chicken with foil and let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
4. Alternately, the chicken can be broiled or cooked on an indoor grill pan or skillet.
Serves 2 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(360) F(24g) C(30g) P(35g)
#BellPeppers themselves are filled with #Antioxidants and high amounts of #VitaminC. Stuff your peppers with #LeanProtein and #HealthyCarbs and you’ve got yourself a nice, #balanced meal. Easy + Nutritious. Visit link in bio for #recipe.
1. 6 bell peppers, any color
2. 4 tablespoons olive oil
3. 8 ounces ground turkey
4. salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
5. 1 onion, finely diced
6. 2 cloves garlic, chopped
7. 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
8. 4 tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
9. Red pepper flakes, as needed
10. 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut the tops off the peppers. Remove stems, then finely chop the tops; set aside. Scoop out the seeds and as much of the membrane as you can. Place the peppers cut-side up in a baking dish just large enough to hold them upright.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the turkey, season with salt and pepper and cook, breaking up the lumps, until the meat is cooked through and just beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to get rid of the fat.
4. Wipe out the skillet and add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onions and chopped peppers and cook until beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and zucchini and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and a pinch or 2 of red pepper flakes. Cook until everything is heated through, then stir in the beef and rice. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese.
5. Fill the peppers with the rice mixture. Pour a small amount of water into the bottom of the baking dish and drizzle the peppers with a little olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until the peppers are soft and the cheese is melted and lightly browned, another 15 to 20 minutes.
Serves 4-6 - Nutrition info per serving: Cal(323) F(22g) C(18g) P(21g)